A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Thursday, July 7, 2016

My Mimi


One of my favorite people is gone today, my Mimi. She had a beautiful life. 98.5 years, 64 years of marriage, 4 children, 9 grandchildren, and 5 great grandchildren. Her legacy in my life will be everything she taught me about gratitude, love, forgiveness, accepting what you cannot control, patience, kindness, and giving people the benefit of the doubt. 

Today is hard. We're on our plane about to leave for Africa on our trip we've planned for nearly three years. Mimi was able to talk to us about the trip in May when we visited. I know she was excited for us, but it's still sad to be away from my family. It's crying at the gate sad (for both of us). I'm so glad Brendan had more than five years to get to know Mimi.we loved her dearly and deeply, and life won't be the same. 

Send good thoughts today. We need them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...