A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Backtracking: Tara and Dominic's Wedding

Hi faithful blog readers. I'm backkkkkk (did you miss me?)

I took a break from blogging to spend time with Brendan's family in Maine and my family in Austin (more later). For now, I want to backtrack and tell you all about Tara and Dominic's July 3rd wedding.

Tara is my friend and sister from NYU. She married Dominic in a beautiful ceremony on Long Island this summer. I felt teary from the moment I saw her walk out.


Weddings are wonderful occasions: rarely do we have the privilege of experiencing so much concentrated joy. I think what made Tara and Dominic's wedding special was just how happy and in love they are. Their feelings just radiated throughout the evening and made everyone happy. That, and the fact that I've never had so much delicious food at a wedding! Wow!!


My dear college friends and sisters Cheryl (left) and Lauren (right) served as Maid of Honor and bridesmaid, respectively. It was wonderful to see them for the first time since summer 2014! You may remember Cheryl caught the bouquet at our wedding and is planning her own wedding for July 2017, and Lauren is now a proud mom of a beautiful little boy whom I had the pleasure of meeting before the wedding (he's perfect in every way!) 


Okay, back to the wedding! The ceremony was outdoors and gorgeous. It was beautiful weather for a wedding: sunny but cool. 


The party afterwards was incredible with so much dancing and food to satisfy every single tastebud! I think we had a choice of seven desserts (and every course offered just as much, if not more, variety). I was in love with the mermaid style dress that Tara choose.


One of my favorite moments from the wedding was when Tara and Dominic invited all of their guests to share their first dance with them about halfway through. It was so special to be in that moment with them. 



My other favorite moments included the funky photo-booth that had us cracking up, cake cutting (look how sweet they are!), and a sparkler exit complete with Irish coffees for all and cigars for the gentleman. 


Tara and Dominic, thank you for including us in your special day and congratulations! We know your life together is going to be awesome :) 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...