A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Building a Backyard from Scratch: The Grass is Always Greener

Greetings faithful blog readers!

When we last left off in the building a backyard series, I posted a picture of our newly planted grass. Here it is today:


Such improvement! Brendan is always the first to point out that it isn't as perfect as he wants it to be, but I'm like, "this is the desert and we are growing GRASS!"

Herb garden:

So much depends on a red wheelbarrow. Actually, not much depends on this one.


Bloom! There it is (get it?!)


Green things!

Overall, I'm pleased as punch with our backyard progress.

In other news, we just enjoyed a very low key weekend and with good reason. Tomorrow is the first official day of the fall semester, and we have friends from grad school (3 adults, 2 kiddos, and a dog) staying with us tomorrow night (more on that soon). Then, Amanda and Matt are coming this weekend. All in all, it's going to be a busy busy week. I don't honestly feel ready, but one thing I do feel totally relieved about is that my neck is finally feeling better (thank goodness!) which means I am sleeping a lot better too. Right now, I need to wind down early so that I can make it to school early early and be ready to go for 8:00AM. Wish us luck!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...