A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Getting the Swing of Things

Greetings, faithful blog readers.

I let more than a week go by without updating. September is always a big adjustment for us: we've been back at work for a month now, but it still feels pretty new. Learning names, getting our classes on track, grading, and returning to meetings all takes a lot of energy to readjust to. There has been a lot of napping in my life, and this week is only going to get crazier: I have three meetings to attend, two workshops to teach, and we both have doctor's appointments on top of all the normal stuff. It'll be a busy week for sure, but I'm excited for the approach of fall.

Here's a few things that made life happier this week as we were getting into the swing of things:


We tried doing our HEB shopping on Tuesday morning this past week, and it was a good idea. The store was so much less crowded, and it was a much more enjoyable experience than usual. Tuesday night, we made quesadillas, one of our favorites. Wednesday, I made stuffed peppers in the crockpot, and we had our friends Kirsten and Alex over for dinner, which was a good way to destress mid-week.


We got so much rain this weekend! Friday, we went to Thai House for dinner (our favorite) and were surprised when we came out and it was raining. The storm even caused us to lose power. Luckily, it was restored in time for Shark Tank and 20/20

Then, we had a beautiful day on Saturday, which was good because we've officially started browsing for my new car. I'm looking into Honda CRV and Mazda CX5. I looked at Ford Escape but wasn't as impressed. I'll probably check out Toyota Rav4 and the Hyundai Tucson before it's all said and done. Any experiences positive or negative with any of these cars? Please share. It's been a long time since I've purchased a car, and I can't say I love the car shopping experience, but there are worse ways to spend a Saturday afternoon. 

Saturday night, it rained hard complete with a lightening show. I was happy for our trees and all our plants. We watched another episode of The Night Of. I do like this show (on HBO), but it's stressful and anxiety provoking. I'm SUPER excited about the new HBO show Westworld starting next month. I'm also looking forward to catching the first episode of ABCs Designated Surviver this Wednesday. Also on Saturday night, I got to catch up with my friend Corley. We have similar world outlooks and can always help each other stay positive despite the horrid uncertainties of this sometimes cruel and often chaotic world. It was good to talk. 


Lola basically slept through every storm. The Sentry calming collars are a new must in our house. The cats seem so much happier with them. We order them from Chewy and also order cat food there too (you can have food sent automatically, so it's one less thing to worry about buying).


Last, but not least, another great part of our week was ordering dinner from our friend Jennifer's new venture The Runaway Dish. If you live in Midland, we highly recommend her delicious vegetarian cooking. It's such a treat to have cooking taken off your list of to-dos every once in awhile. Especially when you are in the midst of a busy week! I'm not sure what was more awesome: the dinner (sweet potato and black bean enchiladas) or the leftovers I get to eat for dinner later this week!

Well folks, I hope you all had a great weekend. Make the last four days of summer memorable: fall begins on Thursday!

Here's to that!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...