A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Trans-Pecos Music Festival

Greetings faithful blog readers!

I know I've been slow to update lately, but I do have lots of exciting posts planned in my head for the fall!

This weekend, Brendan and I took an adventure to Marfa, TX to attend the Trans-Pecos Musical Festival with our friends Kristen and Alex. Alex drove the whole time, which was amazing, and we were also able to meet up with our friend Rich at the festival. This was our first time attending Trans-Pecos, and we had so much fun that we can't imagine not going back in future years.

We left Midland at around 8AM after stops at the gas station and grocery store. The first stop was setting up our tents (and giant blow up air mattresses; this is "glamping," okay?) The second stop was a baseball game where the Marfa Gallos played the Austin Playboys and where I was actually able to find a vegan hotdog. I also had two delicious popsicles (watermelon cucumber and peach basil)! I didn't pay much attention to the game, but I hear the Gallos won.



After that, we went to the Big Bend Brewery, but sadly, they were closed, so we went to my favorite gift shop Brown Dog Gardens instead and then went to Planet Marfa (an outdoor bar) before heading to Pizza Foundation for dinner. The four of us ate two pizzas this large, and we didn't have regrets about it either!



 After arriving back at the campsite, I took a serious nap!



I woke up to this beautiful sunset and this handsome man:


It was finally time for the music! Ben Kweller started with all new songs.


Followed by Calexico...


Followed by Neko Case, who performed until around 1AM.


The music was awesome; we were glad to get the chance to see performers that we have listened to a lot over the past decade. The drive home on Sunday was spectacularly beautiful. I ended the weekend feeling so grateful for the friends we have and the fact that they don't let us miss out on amazing things we probably wouldn't have found out about on our own. I started this week feeling so happy and relaxed. I think the fall semester has started to get stressful, and one night away was just what we needed.


Tonight, we'll be seeing Jim Lovell, commander of Apollo 13, who is speaking at Midland College. Don't miss it if you're in town!

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...