A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Life in LulaRoe

Greetings faithful blog readers! 

I'm checking in after a busy week traveling to Virginia for a family wedding (more on that later) to share one my newest obsessions with you. It's no secret that I love comfortable clothes. When I was a kid, I would ONLY wear dresses, and I didn't own a pair of jeans until fifth grade (I had to wear them in a school play and absolutely HATED the feeling and didn't wear jeans again until middle school). As an adult, I definitely want to be comfortable at work, but sometimes that's hard when I also need to look professional. Enter LulaRoe, a company that lets me have my cake and eat it too. 

What it is: 
I started out with just one pair of leggings and a Cassie skirt, but then I couldn't get enough. Since I heard of LulaRoe a few weeks ago, I've bought four pairs of leggings, two skirts, and one dress. So far, I love everything. I'd say the Cassie skirt is my absolute favorite. It's a stretchy pencil skirt that can be worn for work or play. At $35, it's also a great deal. Here it is in a X-small. 


And here it is in a small (and after a long day at work teaching and tutoring!):  


The Nicole dress is another favorite. I ordered Small, but I could wear a Medium as well: 


By far, the best sellers I hear are the leggings, and I can see why. They are super soft (some call them "butter leggings), and there are a million fun prints. I couldn't resist these with keyboards and guitars. Leggings make the perfect lazy Sunday lounge wear, but I have neutral colors that I can wear under a dress for a day at work. This is especially good in the winter when I will wear trousers, but I'd be so much more comfortable in leggings and a long sleeve dress. I was even lucky enough to score a pair of Halloween leggings (which trust me, wasn't easy) that I'm saving for the end of October, and you can bet I'll wear them to work with a black dress on the 31st! I wear leggings in OS (one size), but they are also available in tall and curvy (TC). 


How it Works: 
Shopping for LulaRoe isn't like shopping for normal clothes, and that's part of the fun of it. Consultants host pop up parties, and you have a limited time (usually 24 hours) to shop the albums or the link. If you are shopping albums, they are uploaded onto a Facebook page, and you need to comment "claim" and leave an email address if you see something you like.  If you are shopping a link, it opens a webpage with all the seller's items, and you can click the button that says claim. You need to pay your invoice within 24 hours usually, and the sellers ship to you that fast too! 

LulaRoe makes a limited number of each size and style in each pattern, so if you see something you like, it could be hard to find again. That said, I don't recommend getting caught up in the frenzy. I don't shop from sellers that have thousands of followers commenting on every post; I find that stressful and much prefer to shop parties or private sales. Sure, there are other people shopping, but you can take more than one second to decide if you want something! 

My Party and the Bomber Blondes Amy and Britney: 
I'm hosting a party tonight at 6:30PM central time, so tell me on Facebook if you'd like to be added. I choose to work with Amy and Britney (The Bomber Blondes) because they have a very organized and easy to shop website, and they give a 10% discount to all teachers, military, nurses, and first responders, and I think that's awesome and know a lot of my friends that would appreciate it. They also have great shipping prices ($1 for one pair of leggings, $3 for 1-2 items, and $6 for 3+ items). Plus, for every 10 items you buy, you get a pair of leggings for free. 

I'm definitely interested in picking up an Amelia and a Carly to add to my wardrobe, plus, for the right print, I'll be back for more Cassies, Nicoles, and Leggings! 

Happy shopping! 
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...