A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Three Months of IPSY (A Review)

Greetings faithful blog readers!

For the past three months, I've enjoyed my subscription to Ipsy. Ipsy is a subscription service like Birchbox: they send you five makeup samples per month in a cute cosmetics bag for $10. Here's a look at my September, October, and November bags. If you decide to sign up for Ipsy, please use my personal referral link. I am not being paid or given freebies to promote Ipsy. Below are my honest reviews.

September 2016:

My first Ipsy arrived with Eyeko: Eye Do eyeliner in black, Rodial Hyaluronic Tonic, It Cosmetics Superhero mascara in super black, Christie Brinkley Daily Face Exfoliating Polish, and Be A Bombshell Cosmetics nail polish in Va Voom. My favorite product was the tonic: you spray it on your face to refresh your skin. I love that I can use it post workout to keep sweat from staying trapped in my pores. The face wash was nice: I used it when we traveled to Dallas, and I love getting minis of products you need while traveling. I was not impressed with the mascara (super smudgy). The eyeliner works nicely, though I rarely use eyeliner, and I haven't used the nail polish (first I'd have to get rid of my shellac manicure).

I was able to fill out reviews and give my preferences for products I liked/didn't like.

October 2016:

The October bag could not have been cuter. It arrived filled with Beaute Basics eye shadow in Satin Taupe, theBalm Cosmetics blush in Hot Mama, NUDESTIX concealer pencil in light 2, Lottie London eyeshadow brush, and pur-lisse Daily Lip Nourisher. I was most crazy about theBalm Hot Mama blush. It's a really nice color, and it can also be used as an eyeshadow too. The concealer pencil was my second favorite find: it covers blemishes and red spots nicely and stays put all day. The eyeshadow and brush were nice, but not something I really needed. The lip nourisher feels nice under lipstick, but it is not something I'd go out of my way to purchase. 

November 2016

My November bag arrived on Friday with the following: Delectable by Cake Beauty hand cream in Sweet Mint & Cream, Luxie Beauty blush brush, Two Faced "better than sex" mascara, Japonesque finishing powder, Adesse New York brightening base coat. The hand cream from Cake Beauty is absolutely amazing. It smells like a junior mint and the same was a generous full size. I also really like the mascara (which I'd used before) and the blush brush. I have yet to try the other two products. 

Overall, I feel like IPSY sends products that definitely give me my money's worth. It's fun to see what will be in the bag, and I love that they include a little cosmetics case with each month (they're perfect for travel or just throwing in your purse or gym bag). I also enjoy that I get points for reviewing products. So far, I have 280 points and can use 250 to add a reward to my next box (you get to pick from their list of samples).  I've received larger samples with IPSY than I did with Birchbox. Both subscription services have that "hit or miss" effect. Sometimes, a product is great and really a nice asset in my make-up routine, but some of the products I feel are less useful. I look forward to my bag each month, and it's a fairly inexpensive way to pamper yourself and find new products that you wouldn't have discovered otherwise. 

This would make a fun and cute gift for anyone in your life that loves makeup. 

In other news, after pantry and refrigerator organizing and grocery shopping, Brendan and I are fully prepped for Thanksgiving 2016. It doesn't seem real that it's already here. It seems like not that long ago that we were hosting his parents for our first holiday in our home. The years are getting faster! We're looking forward to having my parents this year for another Thanksgiving for four. These years are special: small groups but big love, and I'm cherishing them. 

Hope you are looking forward to the holiday as well. 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...