A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, December 16, 2016

Winter Break Upon Us

The Fall 2016 Semester is behind us! Grades were submitted last night, and so far, my only emails are "happy holidays" messages, and 85% of my developmental students passed Composition I with a C or higher, so I'm calling that a victory. 

Yesterday, we set our alarms early despite having a work from home day, and we moved our old couch to the curb. Three hours later, we had our new couch delivered, and the old one had been picked up by the city. I know it sounds silly, but it was a bit sad to say goodbye to the old couch: I do most of my writing and grading on the couch, so I've spent more hours there than I care to admit. I had that couch before I got married, and it was in no fewer than three apartments before it was in our home (that's a lot of moves!). However, the new couch is much more comfortable and also is a queen sleeper sofa, so I know we're going to enjoy it and get a lot of use out of it. 





The cats seem happy too (and more importantly, are not scratching it yet!): 


After I submitted my grades, I made dinner, did some writing work, and ended the evening by watching The Muppets A Christmas Carol before passing out. It was awesome to finally sleep in this morning and wake up to winter break. We have a friend's going away party tonight and friends coming over for dinner tomorrow night. We're looking forward to a few relaxing days at home before heading to our other homes for the holidays. 

Goodbye old couch from Craigslist. It was a good eight and a half years! 


Here's to moving on. 
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...