A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Winter is Coming

Greetings faithful blog readers!

I don't mean to be such a neglectful blogger. We're nearing the end of semester, and grading is occupying most of my time these days!

We also managed to attend Reinbeer (the beer tasting/fundraiser at the Museum of the Southwest) and THREE work holiday parties, make gifts for our co-workers (candy bags), send holiday cards, and shop for kiddos our school adopted for Christmas, so I'd say we've been getting into the holiday spirit despite the workload.

Last week, I snapped a few photos of the season's first snow:



I loved how our roses looked in the snow. So beautiful.


It's funny how winter comes and basically destroys all the hard work of spring, but I don't even mind. I love this time of year as there is something to be said for warm baths before bed, reading by the fire, and enjoying the lights and our tree.

Last weekend, we checked out a new to us restaurant in Midland: Pho Street. It was really tasty (I had the tofu spring rolls and the tofu pho bowl), but a little on the pricer side for an ordering at the counter place. Apparently there are now two pho restaurants in Midland? We'll try the other one and report back with a comparison soon.

On Saturday, Brendan was good sport of the year when he dressed up as Santa for the Museum's 5K Ugly Christmas Sweater Run. The adorable thing was some kids were quite taken with him and watching them tell him their wishes was pretty adorable and kept me warm despite the cold. Zero kids were scared of him, so I'd call it a win.


With the weekend and last week behind us, we're counting down the days (3!) until the semester ends, and we can enjoy a few weeks off. Thursday, we get our new couch that we ordered in October (finally!) and I'm excited to spend some quality time relaxing on it!

Before signing off, I want to share the best part of last week:


I'm extremely excited to say that come fall 2017, you can read my short collection published by PANK Books. The news was a wonderful surprise and a great way to end the semester.

We hope your semester (or year) is ending on a great note as well.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...