A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, January 9, 2017

Veggies! It's What's For Dinner

Greetings faithful blog readers, 

I hope you are all enjoying the start to 2017. Around here, we enjoyed five wonderful days at home, both resting and knocking things off our to do list, before heading back to work today. One wonderful use of our time was to get back to cooking healthy meals after weeks of eating basically whatever we wanted. 

We started last week with Shape Magazine's Calabacita Veggie Tacos, a favorite recipe that I clipped from the June 2016 issue. 


We pulled this Rainbow Ratatouille recipe from a more recent issue of Shape (I believe it was December 2016). There isn't much to it! We used our mandolin slicer to cut up veggies and baked them in the dutch oven over a layer of spicy marinara sauce. As an added bonus, I sliced more veggies than I could fit in the pan, so I can make another one! 


One of my favorite cookbooks is Inspiralized. I made this Beetroot and Feta Dip the other night, and we ate it for dinner by dipping in pita chips, bell peppers, and carrots. Delicious! 


Last, but certainly not least, last night I made Inspiralized's Zucchini Manacotti. I was amazed that I really didn't miss the pasta here. Again, the dutch oven was the perfect tool for this. I served it with Inspiralized's Apple with Asparagus, Pecans, and Gorgonzola Salad (pictured in this post). I can't find the recipe online, but it uses watercress and the dressing is one of my favorites.


In other health news, I returned to barre class today after six weeks away (and three weeks away from working out at all)...it was tough, but I feel better than I have in, well, weeks! 

Happy 2017, everyone. Even if you've been out of your health groove for awhile, we hope the New Year provides all the inspiration you need to get it back. Anyone cooking awesome vegetarian recipes lately? Please share in the comments section. 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...