A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Christiana & Aaron's Wedding Weekend

Greetings faithful blog readers,

Life is a whirlwind around here! On Wednesday, we left town for Austin for the occasion of my friend Christiana's wedding to her love, Aaron. Christiana and I have been friends since we were in 6th grade. We shared the same love for theater and walking instead of running around the track in PE. We had many wonderful conversations on Murchison hill and in the bleachers, and occasionally, we still have great and long phone conversations. Christiana lives in New York City now and is a professional actress, composer, and voice teacher. I'm so proud of her, and it was amazing to be in Austin to see my friend of nearly twenty years marry the person she loves most.

Brendan and I were psyched about welcome drinks on the rooftop of the Westin. On the way there, Brendan said, "wait, do we know anyone there besides Christiana?" It occurred to me that, other than her family, we probably didn't, but we had a great time meeting her and Aaron's friends, and the time flew by.

The next day, we arrived at Scottish Rite Theatre at 4PM. The stage was set (quite literally) for a beautiful wedding. Since Aaron is a professional actor and singer, there was no place more logical for these two to tie the knot. Their ceremony was heartfelt. My favorite part was their friends that sang and played in a band during the ceremony.


Doesn't this look like the perfect play? Except it's real life. Very meta!




We walked over to the Shultz Beer Garden reception hall afterwards. It was lovely not having to move the car!


Is this wedding cake gorgeous or what? It was love at first sight and love at first bite! 


These two had so much energy. They lit up the room with their first dance (a friend sang "So This is Love" for them). 



This was a new wedding first for me: surprise bowling! After dinner, this bowling alley opened up with five lanes. Brendan met some new friends from our table and had a blast bowling. There was also a candy bar, which was throughly enjoyed by all. 


The cake was delicious too! 


It was a beautiful evening, and we know these two are having a great time in Aruba on their honeymoon. Congrats to Christi and Aaron!

Of course, I would never go to Austin without seeing my favorite cousins:


My cousin Stephen and his wife Casey went to Vegas, so Matt and Amanda and Brendan and I borrowed their kiddo and my aunt Sally (Stephen's mom) for the afternoon. This jumping thing comes from Sam's Club and is the most amazing kids toy I've ever seen.

I simply love this girl and this baby.


Coloring with Brendan :) 


It was a quick trip to Austin, but we were able to see my parents, my cousins, and be at the wedding, and I even made time to get my hair done. We came back to Midland on Sunday, and the unpacking and laundry to repack (more on that later) immediately began. Lola and Zoe are in Austin being looked after by our amazing family. I know they're in good hands, but I miss them like crazy. I've never been in this home without them, so it's super weird!

We've been frantically working to finish stories (explanation forthcoming) and grade for our interim classes. I will be able to submit final interim grades tomorrow. As usual, the interim has flown by. I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to teach it, but after a full day of grading today and one coming up tomorrow, I am ready to be done (I'm sure the students are too!)

We hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day weekend.

Happy end of May (doesn't seem possible!)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...