A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Taos Week Four

Greetings faithful blog readers!

Our last week in Taos flew by, and we are now home safely in Midland. We were sad to leave, but we had an amazing month.

Last Saturday, we went to our last Taos farmers market and had another lovely breakfast on the patio at Bent Street Cafe. I used all our farmer's market tomatoes, and we made a delicious pasta sauce and a refreshing summer salad for dinner.

Sunday was Brendan's dad's birthday, so we called him early in the day. After getting some work done, we ended up back at Taos Mesa Brewery for dinner. We really like sharing a pizza and sitting on the patio there. Of course, since it was my father-in-law's birthday, I insisted that we get dessert to commemorate the occasion, ha!


Monday was absolute heaven: after working during the morning and afternoon, we took a gorgeous one hour drive to Ojo Caliente. The resort itself was really nice. There were seven hot springs pools and a mud bath. We soaked for a little while together, and then I went and had spa treatments (a massage, a body scrub, and a hair mask) while Brendan read, soaked, and relaxed. Once I came out, I felt "new person" level relaxed. We'd made reservations for dinner at the resort, and we got a lovely patio table and enjoyed the sunset and a delicious meal before soaking for another hour and then heading home. There were no phones allowed at the resort, so we didn't snap any pictures (but I made sure to take some in my mind).

Tuesday was a very productive day. We were engrossed in what we were doing and only took a break for dinner where we ate at Quechua Peruvian. Everything was good, but I really loved my cucumber lemonade.


On Wednesday, we were up somewhat early for a whitewater rafting adventure. We joined Cottams for the Racecourse morning trip. This was about half the intensity of our Costa Rica trip (which was also supposedly class III rapids, and in hindsight, I would of been completely comfortable rafting the box). I had so much fun on racecourse that I immediately suggested we raft the next day or the day after, but we ultimately decided we didn't have the time. There's something about rafting that just brings me to pure joy level.



Wednesday night, we went back to Kit Carson park for the movie in the park event and watched Frozen under the stars (Guess whose idea that was?) 

Thursday was my 31st birthday, and I was so happy to get to catch up with family and friends via calls and text. I went to my afternoon yoga class at Shree Yoga (Thanks for the free bday class!) and Brendan picked me up, and we had a light lunch before shopping in the plaza. We had dinner reservations on the patio at The Love Apple, and it was (we agree) the best meal of the trip (and we ate a lot of good meals!) They brought me not one but two free desserts in honor of my birthday, and Brendan and I shared a bottle of New Mexico champagne (we immediately purchased six at a nearby grocery store to bring home...it was that good!)



I'm still participating in Donate Your Birthday. A post on that coming soon!

Friday night, we pursued a local's dinner suggestion and ate at Common Fire. It was really exceptional (they have a wood burning oven and make all sorts of gourmet comfort foods and have an extensive beer/wine list).


My-oh-my will I miss those New Mexico views!

Writing wise, we made a lot of progress. My total trip average was seven pages a day; not the ten pages a day I'd hoped for, but I'm still really happy with the progress made.

Today, we got up early, packed up the car, cleaned up our Airbnb, thanked our hosts, and hit the road. We made it home around 7:30PM. The yard looks good (shout out to the most amazing house-sitter, Jenni), and tomorrow AM, you will find us both weeding.

We have so much to do before the next trip...but right now, I'm having a margarita!

<3
*This isn't quite true as L&Z are still with their loving grandparents in Austin! We can't wait to see them in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. I am just happy that nothing died while you were gone. The 107+ temperatures weren't helping me either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know; Midland summers are brutal! You are literally the best though. I always feel like the house is in good hands. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...