A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, August 28, 2017

Semester Start Up

Greetings faithful blog readers!

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start. My thoughts are with those affected by Hurricane Harvey, and I plan to make a donation to United Way of Houston today. Need more ideas? Here's a list of ways to help. 

Our last week of summer went by in a flash. We got all of our annual doctor/dentist appointments out of the way, started back to our exercise routines, went to the farmer's market and cooked lots of fresh dinners, and watched some good movies on HBO Now (Parenthood and Nocturnal Animals). We read for fun and relaxed a lot and spent nights playing card games on our patio. Of course, we did some work prep too. All in all, it was the perfect end to summer 2017.

Last Monday, we headed back to school and spent our days readying our classes (developing course shells and reading lists and modifying syllabi) and in professional development meetings.

Today, we finally met our students for the first time, and all of our groups seem enthusiastic and ready to go (not the case every semester!) We're excited to teach American Literature face-to-face for the first time and happy about our new promotions to Assistant Professor II (just a title change, nothing different in the job description).


I took this first day of school selfie to show my friend Steph I'm wearing the earrings she got me for my birthday. I can't wear dangly earrings unless they are super light and these beautiful wooden ones work perfectly.

I hope to be updating again soon when I find some time and inspiration to write!
Wishing everyone a safe and dry start to the school year!
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...