It is a fast recipe, and it doesn't take many ingredients:
- 1 package of angel hair pasta
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 3-4 large tomatoes (2 golden, 2 red, the mix in variety is key)
- Basil and Parmesan cheese to taste.
- par boil the zucchini and squash.
- boil 1 package of angel hair pasta.
- saute onion and garlic, 3-5 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes and add them to the onion and garlic, cook down for 8 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and squash, cook for an additional 3 minutes (you know it's done when the liquid from the tomatoes reduces-see pictures below).
- strain the pasta and serve sauce over pasta.
- garish wish basil and Parmesan cheese to taste (or skip the cheese for a vegan dish).
|Pasta sauce before completion|
|The finished product, can you say yum?|
Deliciousness Factor: (Average of our 6 scores) 4.5 out of 5 stars. Sharon says, "I love that I didn't have to make it," while Tim notes this pasta was "cooked to perfection" and the tomatoes were "very nice." I savored the divine flavors of the fresh tomatoes, zucchini, and market squash, and Zeb adds "you can almost taste the dirt," which we're pretty sure he means in a good way!
As summer comes to an end, you simply must do yourself a favor and cook this while tomatoes are still in season (my research shows you have another month). It's vegetarian friendly, vegan friendly (if skipping the cheese), fast, healthy, and truly scrumptious. The only question is, what are you waiting for?
Here's to a delightful Main(e) dish :)
<3 all of us