A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, July 24, 2017

A Few of Those Austin Stories

Greetings faithful blog readers! 

Does anyone remember the MTV show Austin Stories? I once missed an entire day of school in 1997 to play a bratty kid in an episode. Fun Fact, the episode was filmed in the same theater that Christiana got married in this summer. 

Thanks for indulging that digression. We've been in Austin since Tuesday night seeing my family and Lola & Zoe.

A few things worth mentioning...

On the plane ride home, I started reading Myfanwy Collins' collection I am Holding Your Hand, and I am absolutely blown away by it. 

Brendan picked up the card game 6 nimmt, and my family is absolutely addicted. We are bringing the game with us to Connecticut; get ready Egans! 

We spent a day jet skiing on Lake Travis with my dad on Friday, and it was gorgeous and fun. I'm not sure I've mentioned UV proof long sleeve swim shirts and shorts from Lands End, but they are a lifesaver. I bought them for our 17 mile kayaking trip and have worn them for other adventures like white water rafting. Hooray for no sunburn!  


In addition to seeing my parents, we also got in some cousin time. 


We tried a few new places in Austin, and I'd highly recommend Lick (gourmet ice creams similar to Salt & Straw in Portland or Jenni's in Columbus), Snooze AM (best brunch ever and worth the long wait), and The Peached Tortilla (Asian/Southern Comfort Fusion that blew me away). 

I revised my story that was workshopped at Tin House, had phone dates with friends Allie and Emily A., unpacked, did laundry, and repacked, and helped my parents with a few to-do list items. All in all, I'd say it's been a successful week, but Lola encapsulates our feelings about waking up for a super early flight tomorrow. 

We are flying to Connecticut to spend time with Brendan's family and join the annual family vacation to Maine. I can't wait to see my other family and spend quality time on the beach, fishing, antiquing, cooking farmer's market veggies, and playing games. As usual, I'll be off the grid but will return with stories of our travels. 

I am feeling so thankful to my sweet husband who is reading my revision for the third(!) time at the end of a long day. Now that's love! 

Hope everyone's week is off to a lovely start. 
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...